Monday, 31 October 2011

what I did


Spent the weekend looking at art and then standing in a bush.

All in all it was an interesting and somewhat relaxing weekend. I add the somewhat due to the reason that standing and walking are not relaxing, napping is relaxing and there was only a small percentage of napping.

However I have now seen Firstsite, which is a relief as I am supposed to be all cultural and what-not, so to continue to ignore the culture on my doorstep would be a very poor state of affairs (it cost millions and millions of pounds you know).

Apart for the rocks dumped in a circle, there was a lot of good, thought provoking art.

Being a cynic of course I am dubious about some of it: I’m not sure if the tenuous link between Andy Warhol and Colchester was meant to be as funny as it was, however I did rather enjoy the thought of a Vietnamese artist smashing the Statue of Liberty to pieces and desecrating her remains by spreading them across the globe (the giant fingers at the door) but judging by the little booklet I’m not sure this is how the curator wants the piece to be seen.

But it’s art dammit, I can see what I want.
this is a 'dude'

Then I took part in a piece of art on Sunday. I shan’t say what we were doing, or where we were doing it but if you have a camera and a boom you can get away with murder. Literally.

Although of course when I say literally, with such whimsical gusto, I do have to state that murder was not committed. Only that which appeared to be murder and all without the batting of the eye of even the most delicate of individuals.

Although one woman did shout ‘DUDE!’ which I thought was very ‘90’s.

1 comment:

  1. I can safely say that the ground was warm, the knife was cold, the darkness came, and the knee was swift.

    ReplyDelete