Saturday, 10 December 2011

There’s no way out.

Oh lore.

I’m going to have to do it, there is no way around it. Absolutely no way.

Personally I find it embarrassing. I know there are a lot of people out there that do it, people you wouldn’t expect. I have been surprised to discover the kind of people that do it, it has changed my opinion of them.

I won’t say it has become higher or lower, just different. After all, we all have different ways of expressing our self and one should never judge.

I remember a long while ago the first time I found a friend had done it she became all defensive about it. I laughed and mocked at the time but I have to say that practice made perfect and she is very good at it. A little too good in fact.

Most people are actually quite rubbish at it but still shove their attempts on facebook.

I honestly don’t know if this is through bravery or pure, blind stupidity. Which is why I say my opinion of people becomes neither higher nor lower when I discover that they take photos or videos of themselves. Often in the mirror, often with the camera/phone still in shot.

These things freak me out. What the frick are they doing?
Why do I have to take part in this bizarre ritual? I hear you ask with fervour…

Well because my attempts at filmmaking (usually spent cackling at those patient enough to follow my obscure instructions) has not yet borne any fruit.

I have to reluctantly admit that this may have something to do with the fact that I have absolutely no idea what’s going on and glaze over with disinterest when someone starts talking about white balance….even the thought of it sends me drifting off…

However I must learn, or remain stagnating in the fishpond of obscurity.

So I’m going to practice, with a camera and everything. Just so that I know how to put a scene together in an order which actually makes some sort of sense. I’ve started drivelling on about scenes now, I’m boring myself.

Oh sod off and leave me to it.

2 comments:

  1. those argos aliens are really creepy. especially when the Mum does her weird 'Justin Beiber' thing *shivers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I don't understand their existence; I'm creeped out and confused. Is that how they want me to feel at Christmas?

    ReplyDelete