Wednesday, 4 January 2012

I may have been hasty


I take it all back. I take back my venom and insert it in my teeth and I suck back up my bile through a little acid proof straw. Mmmmm

“Why?” You ask with exasperation at my constantly changing winds (I should see someone about that).

Well because I have seen it! That’s why!

Admittedly, the excitement that’s supposed to come wrapped in the plush velvet packaging of the New Year had passed me by.

I struggle to get excited by things I have seen so many times before, except that episode of Fawlty Towers, you know, the one with the Hamster.

is a hamster
Anyway, I was not excited by the New Year until I turned over my laminated calendar and saw the little blue squares, no they are not left over acid tabs but bank holidays!

An extra couple of days off shovelled together to celebrate some old woman who’s been around a bit but who cares!

Now comes the arduous task of deciding whether to take extra holiday around that time and make a grand holiday of it or whether to save up all my days and have many millions of super long weekends.

What are you going to do?

No, wait! Don’t answer that, it was the excitement talking, I don’t actually care.  

No comments:

Post a Comment