Thursday, 6 September 2012

This is what happens when you work from home.

There I was, right, in the middle of writing and on a bit of a roll, and happy cos I had some curry noodles and a coffee. When all of a sudden there is a little tap tap at the door.

'Oh dear.' I think. 'It's prolly bettware or sumfink... I'll ignore it.'

Tap tap

Oh dear oh dear! I'm still in me jim jams! I can't answer the door in me jim jams and it might be important if they tapped twice! Nah, it's prolly a sales person, they're persistent buggers.

Tap tap

Oh dear oh dear oh dear! I'm still in me jim jams! I can't answer the door in me jim jams and it must be important if they tapped three times! What to do? What to do? Worry worry!

I can't go! I cannot be seen in me jim jams! No matter how important the thingy is.

Suddenly the flap is lifted 'holllllyyyyy' in a really creepy voice I don't recognise!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear! They know me! They know I'm here! They've found me! Who can it be? Who can it be! I have to answer the door if they know me! Was it friend? Was it a foe?

The house is a mess! I'm in the middle of writing! I can't let them in! I have to let them in!

What to do? What to do?

Then to my great relief the familiar sound of gravel as they walk back down to the car, screeching tires as they drive away and I am left, once more alone, with my little heart beating so fast!

I didn't like none of that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment