Thursday, 22 November 2012

The unrecognised genius

That’s me, by the way.

I am the unrecognised genius.

You see the thing is that these days I am largely spending time on my own listening to the strange sounds from next door of thrashing about, screaming, a loud thud, dragging and then digging late at night, but at least that bloody Katy Perry noise has stopped.
perfectly sensible

So I am not getting out and about as much as usual. Don’t go getting the wrong idea! I have enough invitations! I have invitations coming out of every orifice! I have had to loudly and firmly tell people ‘No!’ then swipe them on the nose with a newspaper, otherwise they just hang around, like dust weevils.

I am staying inside to keep my shoulder to the grindstone, or my elbow, or nose. I’m not sure what it is that you keep to the grindstone to be perfectly honest, it really depends on the etymology of the phrase you see, if it goes all the way back to the early beginnings of agriculture then it would be both hands and a matter of putting your back into it. However if the phrase started just before the industrial revolution then it might be a matter of putting your donkey to the grindstone with the aid of a rope and pulley system.

It’s all context you see.

Where was I?

Ah yes! That’s right: Sod off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment